One item that has been a minor point of contention between models and me is photograph compensation. This is my policy regarding photograph compensation.
I only accept the following TFP shoots:
- Artistic Nude Shoots
- This is an equal trade scenario.
- We shoot an even number of sets.
- We each get the same number of sets to use exclusively.
- You receive 40 – 60 high resolution (300 PPI), edited (in my style) photos of your choice for each set.
- You can use your sets for Suicide Girls, Patreon, or some other pay for content site.
- The sets I receive will be used on Patreon or some other pay for content site, as well as my online portfolios.
- Experimental Implied Nude, Artistic Nude or Erotica Shoots
- Themes can vary, such as horror, Shibari, BDSM, body painting, light painting. Basically, something that’s not in my portfolio, but would be cool.
- We both select photos we like.
- You’ll receive the photos you like, and the ones I like, if you want.
- The photos you receive will be high resolution (300 PPI) and edited in my style.
In both cases, you will also receive web optimized photos with my unobtrusive watermark for use on social media and online portfolios. I retain copyrights and ownership to all photos. If you wish to use any photo you receive for any reason other than stated above, you must get my approval.
Model Paid Shoots
If I am paying you, the model, for the privilege to photograph you, I am not obligated to provide you with any photographs. That does not mean that I won’t give you a few photographs to use for promoting yourself on your model profiles, portfolio, and/or social media site. It just means that I don’t have to give you any photographs. Being nice and easy to work with will usually result in a few free photographs to use for promotional purposes. If you insist on getting photographs, are difficult to work with, etc., I won’t be giving you any free photographs from the photoshoot.
I’ve researched this and asked models about their expectations for photographs when they are getting paid for the session, and the consensus among seasoned models is that they do not expect photographs and a fee, but they like it when photographers give them a few photographs anyway.
If you want free photographs, we can work that out when negotiating the photoshoot agreement. But generally speaking, if I am paying you, I’m not inclined or obligated to give you photographs. If you want photographs included with a shoot for which I pay you, you may want to reduce your hourly rate, or consider a TFP shoot.
You always have the option to purchase digital prints from me.
Photographer Paid Shoots
Of course, this is my preferred compensation. If you, the model, are paying me for the shoot, you will receive three high resolution (300 DPI) digital photos, edited in my style. You will have the option to purchase a photo box and/or photo book following the shoot. High resolution (300 DPI) digital photos, edited in my style, for each photo you select are included in the package price. You receive full copyrights and ownership to any and all digital photos purchased, which you can use however you wish, without restriction.
What You Will Not Receive
Regardless of whether it is a TFP shoot, model paid shoot, or photographer paid shoot, you will not receive any of the following:
- RAW files for any photos*
- Unedited photos in jpg format*
- Any photo that
- is out of focus
- is poorly composed and/or framed
- is severely under- or over exposed
- has excessive noise (grain)
* These items are never given freely, however you may purchase RAW or unedited photos individually or in bulk. Please contact me for RAW or unedited photo purchases. Do note, that RAW format photos will be very expensive. Unedited JPG photos will be less expensive, but not cheap by any means.